Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, January 7, 2012

I'm Swell


Literately I am swelling! How can this be? My little fetus is only the size of an apple seed!  I was scouring the internet for ways to help with swelling. I came across a few and thought I would share.


  •     Cut down on salt, this causes your body to retain water.
  •     Avoid junk food, which is high in salt and fat and low in vitamins and fiber
  •     Drink lots of water (8, 8-ounce glasses a day is minimal!)
  •     Rest your feet and legs by spending some rest time each day with your feet up.
  •     Avoid caffeine, which can be dehydrating
  •     Eat foods rich in potassium—like bananas, dried fruit or nuts
  •     In summertime heat, stay cool. Spend time in the swimming pool, or in air-conditioned places
  •     Use cold compresses on swollen areas
  •     Get adequate exercise, to aid in circulation and keep your weight steady
I have cut back on my salt and junk food intake, I don’t drink caffeinated beverages, I drink plenty of water, I am always resting lately due to exhaustion, It is still winter, and I am doing yoga so hopefully with all of my efforts combined it will help to stay swelling free. I know it is normal in the first couple of months to bloat and swell as well as towards the end. By these little tips I hope to fully avoid this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment