Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Carson's Story


Now onto what happened with my oldest Carson. He was born at 32 weeks and spent 4 weeks in the NICU. My water naturally broke at 6 in the morning, and I lost the entirety of my mucus plug about 10 mins later. My dad drove me to the military hospital where my mom met us shortly after. Of course on the way my dad stopped for Micky D's. lol Thats just my dad. The Navy hospital realize that I was in fact in real labor and that they could not handle a preemie baby so I was then transferred via ambulance to a big city hospital. Before I left I was given magnesium, although I am not sure why. I get to the big cushy city hospital and then feel my water break again....wrong it was blood. I had started to hemorrhage out due to a full placental detachment. My blood pressure dropped drastically and there was a lot of nurses and doctors running around in what seemed to be a slight panic. Next thing I knew I was being rushed down a hallway, the lights were zooming over me and my mom was crying. She kept saying "I love you, everything will be okay." I was taken into a large sterile operating room and asked to count back from 10. I woke up in recovery, but I don't remember much. I was finally brought to my maternity room

Carson was born at 12:26pm on February 6, 2008. His due date was March 29, 2008. He weighed a whopping 5lbs 11oz and was 19 in long. I was surrounded by family and friends the rest of the evening. Unfortunately, I was not able to go see my new little boy until about 1 in the morning because I had to come off of the morphine that they had given me for pain after my surgery. I was finally able to hold him 2 days later. He was kept because the magnesium that was given to me was transferred over to him. It was too much for his little body to handle. His intestines paralyzed and he was not able to eat or digest anything for the first 2 weeks of his life. Then he had to learn how to eat first from a tube then from a bottle before he was able to come home. He came home on March 2, 2008.


No comments:

Post a Comment