Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Craving Time!

So I know it's a little early, but it is never to early to start to have a need for certain foods. Lately I have been craving sushi, everyday all day. I love it! There are a lot of foods that are not allowed to be consumed while pregnant and sushi could be grouped into that. Luckily for yours truly I have been sticking to the cooked or vegetable  kind and still been able to satisfy my need for sushi! I found a great list on Parents.com that lists safe foods and things to avoid. I'll link the page at the bottom.

1. Stay away from soft cheeses ( unfortunately for me, that means no blue cheese dressing )
2. No Deli meats and Cold cuts ( Avoid deli meats unless they are heated up )
3. Watch out for high mercury fish ( It is safe to eat up to 12 oz of low mercury fish a week )
4. Raw or runny eggs (I only eat fully cooked scrambled so I'm good )
5. Watch our for high amounts of caffine ( I don't drink soda, coffee, or caffeinated tea!)
6. Skip Sweet'N Low, but you can use other artificial sweeteners in moderation.
7.  Check your herbal tea ingredient label and ask your doctor if there's anything in it you should avoid
8. If you get heartburn, skip anything spicy; if you don't, indulge away.
9. It's safest to stick to virgin versions of your favorite drinks until baby arrives.


I hope this was somewhat helpful, it was for me, and if you are anything like me you try to stick to all the rules when it comes to being pregnant.


http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-body/nutrition/safe-pregnancy-eating/

No comments:

Post a Comment