Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, February 24, 2012

12 weeks!

It has been quiet a rough week. I started out with a bladder infection on Sunday, then started with the respiratory infection on Monday night. I have been on antibiotics which have been helping a little bit, but most of the week the only time I get any relief from my congestion headache is sitting in the shower. Then yesterday Carson woke up with a cough and a fever set in!  So now I am starting to get over it, I still have a nasty cough but that's about it, and Carson is starting it. Poor thing, I am just glad he is in such good spirits. He was even doing jumping jacks in the living room today because he was bored. So I turned 12 weeks yesterday and little Poofs heartbeat has been steady everyday between 165-175 bpm. I have been really worried because of the fever I have had, I have lost 6 pounds this week because of loss of appetite, and the meds I have been taking... but s/he is still going strong.

I go for my next check up on Tuesday, I will be 12 weeks 5 days. I will be having the first trimester screening done, to make sure everything is a-okay so far. It is a simple ultrasound and blood test, to check for any genetic abnormalities. This will be a very important test because with Lucas, he had a cystic hygroma and hydrops. A cystic hygroma is clearly visible on an ultrasound anytime after 9 weeks. This happens in 1 out of every 10,000 pregnancies. The chance of it happening twice to me is less than 1%, but I would rather know ahead of time. Once we get the results back from this test we will start to discuss when we will announce this newest little Booker.

Mark wanted me to include last nights supper in today's blog... I made an atomic tuna salad inside pita pockets. I used canned tuna, fat free mayo, chopped broccoli, chopped cauliflower, and finely chopped red onions. I mixed it all up and stuffed it into the pita pockets with fresh spinach.

He also went out and finally got his memorial tattoo for Lucas. He had an old tattoo from his young single sea days covered up (YES!) and it came out amazing. The rose is the birth flower for June, and I think the rest is pretty self explanatory.


No comments:

Post a Comment