Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Yepp I'm back.

So the past couple of weeks have been crazy! We ordered the baby crib, it is here and so lovely! I will be assembling it today with the help of a strong handy little 4 year old. On other news, Mark got to feel Poof kick last night! I started crying, it was just a sweet moment. I also have a doctors appointment today. I will be getting the results from my first trimester screening, and having my second round of testing done which is a simple blood draw. Below is a slight description of what the test entails.

Maternal serum alpha-fetoprotein (MSAFP) and multiple marker screening: One or the other is offered routinely in the second trimester. The MSAFP test measures the level of alpha-fetoprotein, a protein produced by the fetus. Abnormal levels indicate the possibility (but not existence) of Down syndrome or a neural tube defect such as spina bifida, which can then be confirmed by ultrasound or amniocentesis.

I am a little nervous, when I had the MSAFP test done with Carson it came back positive for spina bifida. Luckily he did not have this, but talking to my current doctor about it he said that these tests can also be a marker indicating preterm labor or placental issues. Which I had both with Carson.
Anywhoozle Magoozle, I still have touches of morning sickness and still drained of energy but that could also be from our hectic weeks lately. So I will be sure to update tomorrow about the appointment. We will be finding out the sex this week! I am so stinking excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment